[vortex] Interface statistics for vortex

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 15:04:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Oliver Krause wrote:

> > cat /proc/net/netstat (protocol level)
> I will try if the ifconfig statistics give me the things i expect.
> netstat -i never showed an error when testing.

Bahhh, the 'netstat -i' program uses the BSD output format.  The only thing
that BSD system have is a single generic "something went wrong" count.

The best numbers come from 'cat /proc/net/dev', which only summarizes when
it comes to the various types of carrier errors.

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf Clusters / Linux Installations
Annapolis MD 21403