[vortex] Interface statistics for vortex

Oliver Krause okrause@netapp.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 01:13:33 +0200

Hello all,

please forgive me if this is a stupid question which was answered long ago,
but i didn't find an answer browsing the last months of the archive.

Is there a tool which provides me with interface statistics of a vortex (and
hopefully any other NIC) on linux?
Here is an example of what a filer gives me:
demucflr01> ifstat e0

-- interface  e0  (13 days, 4 hours, 21 minutes, 12 seconds) --

RECEIVE
 Packets:          8188k | Bytes:            3791m | Total errors:        0
 No buffers:          0  | Length errors:       0  | Runt frames:         0
 Long frames:         0  | Collisions:          0  | CRC errors:          0
 H/w overflow:      501  | List overflow:       0  | Rst frame drops:    33
TRANSMIT
 Packets:          5095k | Bytes:            1621m | Total errors:        6
 Collisions:          0  | Late collisions:     0  | Excess coll:         0
 Queue overflow:      0  | No carrier:          0  | H/w underflow:       6
 Defer:               0  | Link failure:        0  | Time out:            0