3C900 & cable modem

Al Goldstein al@cool.bioeng.washington.edu
Thu Jan 21 23:04:36 1999

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Robert Montgomery wrote:

> Hello,
I'm running redhat5.0 with adsl using dhcp. Redhats dhcp works ok
for me on the 2.0.36 kernel which is probably what you have if you
haven't migrated to the 2.1 kernels or 2.2pre. Although possibly 5.2 has
the problem fixed. In anycase an easy install is to configure with
control-panel, clicking on network. I guess you know that you must update the
3c59x.o by compiling the new 3c59x.c driver. Good luck!