Strange Problem with v.0.99G and 3c905B-TX

Greg Whalin gwhalin@numerix.com
Tue Oct 13 13:49:48 1998

> > When it first boots, everything is fine and the system comes up with the
> > card in 100MB/s and Full Duplex.  Then, after what seems like some random
> > period of time, it logs the above message and the system loses network
> > connectivity.
>
> Does physically disconnecting and reconnecting the cable reset the link?
> (I'm not suggesting that as a fix, just as a way to confirm the problem is
> with autonegotiation.)

Just happened again, and no, unplugging, waiting, and then plugging back
in does not fix this.  Nor does just shutting down the network, removing,
and then re-adding the module.  The only fix is to reboot the system.
Could this be the result of a cabling problem?

Greg