[vortex-announce] Buglet fix in vortex-diag.c

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 00:49:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Andrew Morton wrote:

> BTW, Don:  vortex-diag.c, line 652:

>                 /* This register only exists on certain Cyclone chips. */
>                 printf(" Configuration options %4.4x.\n", inw(ioaddr + 14));
>
> Should the Configuration options offset be 12 (ResetOptions)?  This seems
> to be reading the IntStatus register.

Yes, although I can't remember why I thought that it was important to see
the ResetOptions setting.

I've released an updated version of vortex-diag.  The changes are

vortex-diag.c v2.02 7/1/2000

Tweaked the usage message.
Added several new card entries.
The 3c656 has a new EEPROM format, with magic number of 0x1570.
The driver information offset in the EEPROM is now properly used when
  changing the EEPROM station address contents on CardBus adapters.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf Clusters / Linux Installations
Annapolis MD 21403