[tulip] Intel 21145 Phoneline/Ethernet LAN controller

John Lumby johnlumby at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 18:29:56 PDT 2007

This is probably about 7 years too late to be useful to anyone else - but -
I wanted to be able to run linux on my wife's old Gateway Profile 2 with
integrated Intel 21145, using the ethernet port.   So far as I know, none of
the various tulip-based drivers have ever worked correctly on that
controller on any linux release  (correct me if I'm wrong).   I tinkered
with the Becker V0.91 version of tulip a little and got it working with
10BaseT media.    This is in a linux 2.2.20 kernel (for a
linux-on-a-1.44-floppy).    I shall be fitting the equivalent changes to the
current 1.1.14 tulip for e.g. linux 2.6.20 and later at some point.

John