[tulip] FPC-0106TX Problem with Tulip

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu Mar 20 11:17:00 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Dirk Drescher wrote:

> I'm using a CardBus-Card named FPC-0106TX from Level1 (printed on box).
> The card is recognized by card manager (2 beeps).

Good.
And all of the status looks good.

What driver version are you using?
The modified Tulip driver shipped with most 2.4 kernels is known to be
broken with most ADMtek chips.

> # cardctl ident
> manfid: 0x13d1, 0xab02
> PCI id: 0x13d1, 0xab08

I have this listed as an ADMtek chip in a card manufactured Abocom.

> # tulip-diag -ee -mm

You can pass "-eee" to get ASCII text with the configuration EEPROM
dump.

> tulip-diag.c:v2.15 9/23/2002 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
>  http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
> Index #1: Found a ADMtek AL985 Centaur (OEM CardBus) adapter at 0x200.
>  Transmit started, Receive started.
>   The Rx process state is 'Waiting for packets'.
>   The Tx process state is 'Idle'.

Looks nominal, but that doesn't confirm that the chip is
correctly configured for the transceiver.
The transceiver itself is reporting a good negotiated link.

> I can ping myself, but if i ping to other host, the result is: Destination
> Host Unreachable.

This might be a routing issue if you get the message immediately.  If
there is a few second delay then it's a NIC issue.

> If i change the card (with 3Com-Card) this card works perfectly :-(

That much reduces the probability of an incorrect route.