[tulip] problems with cabletype detection

morbidmind morbidmind <md.morbidmind@gmx.net>
Fri Oct 4 22:05:01 2002

Hi folks,

i have a adaptec ana6911a/tx, i modprobe tulip, ifconfig eth0 up does
well, but pinging anyone doesnt give any response. i am not able to
give detailed logs, sorry. my network adapter is connected via a
twisted-pair cable to a 10/100Mbit-switch. the cable is a little bit
scratched. under win nt 4 my adapter works well with 10MBit
full-duplex with full speed, but with 100MBit full & half-duplex i get
only minimal throughput. only about 10 byte / sec...

my tcp/ip configuration is a little bit diffrent:

ip 192.168.66.206
netmask: 255.255.255.224
gateway: 192.168.66.193
dns: 192.168.66.129