[tulip] Permanent interrupt mitigation with 21143 quad card

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed Nov 13 12:56:03 2002

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Luke Stratman wrote:

> I recently sent an email to this list detailing my efforts to obtain
> wire speed (100 Mbps) routing with 21143 quad interface cards in several
..
> there was a way to permanently enable interrupt mitigation either

No without a minor driver change.

There is code in the parameter ioctl() call to do this, but it doesn't
actually set CSR11 with the value intended.

I will be fixing this for 0.96 (aka 1.00).

> this in the driver code, I would have to have to make changes to
> tulip_rx() and the interrupt handler to either disable the switching
> between mitigation and no-mitigation modes or (as a quick hack) just
> have it write mit_table[15] to CSR11 every time.

Yes, that's the suggested hack.

Right now that only happens when the 21143 (only!) chip is first
overloaded.