[tulip] (no subject)

John Sutton john@scl.co.uk
Fri May 24 08:09:01 2002

I've had this issue with the tulip driver for some years with various
driver versions, kernel versions and cards but it appears to be entirely
benign insofar as it does not, AFAIK, result in data loss.  Presumably it
does cause a slow down because the card suffers some kind of reset?  On
Donald's advice I do this at startup:

echo 500 1000 2000 > /proc/sys/vm/freepages

and _maybe_ this reduces the occurences of the message but certainly
doesn't eliminate it entirely.  YMMV!