[tulip] Compilled tulip driver for cardbus- version mismatch

vinod asokan vinod@hewtech.co.jp
Thu Jun 13 03:40:01 2002

Hi,

I am able to compile the driver source using the -DCARDBUS option.
But when i load the driver, using insmod or thru pcmcia services,

the kernel gives version mismatch the following messges :

+ lib/modules/2.4.5-3/pcmcia/tulip_cb.o : kernel-module version mismatch
+ lib/modules/2.4.5-3/pcmcia/tulip_cb.o was copiled for kernel version 2.4.4
+ lib/modules/2.4.5-3/pcmcia/tulip_cb.o while this kernel is version
2.4.5.-3

and insmod failed.

I also tried :
# insmod -f tulip_cb.o

How to compile the driver for the current version of the kernel. What is the
compile option for specifying current kernel version?

thanks
Vinod Asokan