[tulip] Compiling tulip driver for cardbus

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue Jun 11 20:54:01 2002

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, vinod asokan wrote:

> I am using a Toshiba Dynabook SS laptop for running Linux.
> I am using Turbo Linux 7.0.. kernel version is (2.4.5) and Tulip driver
> version is (0.9.14e )
>
> I am using a network  card which has an ADMtek chip set. When the card is
> inserted  into the PCMCIA slot, tulip_cb module is loaded by the hotplug
> interface.
>
> Now I have to make some changes in the register values and recompile the
> tulip
> driver to enable FX mode . By using Make Modules, I have compiled the Tulip
> sources.

I don't usually answer questions about the 0.9.* series driver, but
you shouldn't have to recompile to change parameters.  If you need full
duplex mode, you should just need to provide a module option.  (Note:
"FX" usually means fiber e.g. 100baseFX.  FDX means full duplex
10baseTx-FDX.)