[tulip] Compiling tulip driver for cardbus

vinod asokan vinod@hewtech.co.jp
Tue Jun 11 19:50:01 2002

Hi,

I am using a Toshiba Dynabook SS laptop for running Linux.
I am using Turbo Linux 7.0.. kernel version is (2.4.5) and Tulip driver
version is (0.9.14e )

I am using a network  card which has an ADMtek chip set. When the card is
inserted  into the PCMCIA slot, tulip_cb module is loaded by the hotplug
interface.

Now I have to make some changes in the register values and recompile the
tulip
driver to enable FX mode . By using Make Modules, I have compiled the Tulip
sources.

 The new tulip object , I have placed in  the folder "/lib/modules/linux
2.4.xx /pcmcia/" .
Now when the card is inserted, the new module is loaded but the card is not
identified, (eth1 is not up).
I think I have to compile it  with CARD BUS option.
I dont know exactly how to compile the tulip driver sources with the option
for CARD BUS .

Hope somebody can advice me...regarding this.

Thanks in advance.
 Vinod Asokan