[tulip] Re: Using tulip.c with 2.4.18 for a 21143 card

Steinar Bang sb@dod.no
Wed Jul 31 19:26:02 2002

> The 2.4 kernels split the tulip driver into multiple files, making
> the update more complicated than direct substitution of the driver
> files.

Yup!  But I still would like to do that if it is somehow possible.

The reason I'm keeping on about wanting to replace the source in the
kernel, is that I would like to offer the 2.4 kernel package
maintainer of debian, a way to build a kernel with a proper tulip
driver.

I've filed a bug report on this problem:
	<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=154953>

If I'm successful in building a kernel with the updated Tulip driver,
I'll submit the procedure as a new posting to that bug.

Thanx!

- Steinar