[tulip] need effective procedure for using tulip driver under RedHat 7.2

Patrick G. Sobalvarro pgs@sobalvarro.org
Wed Jan 30 00:41:01 2002

I got the net driver package, compiled and installed under RH 7.2, and
depmod -ae gives:

pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_write_config_byte
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_find_class
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_read_config_byte
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_read_config_dword
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol __ioremap
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_read_config_word
pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_set_master

...etc., with a similar list for tulip.o.

I thought, the RH-shipped kernel is apparently not exporting these; I'll
build my own.  So I got the 2.4.17 sources off kernel.org, built a new
kernel, installed it, compiled under it, got exactly the same errors from
depmod -ae.

I've search the tulip-bug archives, don't seem to be able to find a
solution, although I see where other people have had the same problem.  I
presume I am doing something simple and wrong.  Any insights?

Thanks,
Patrick