[tulip] Bug in the current tulip driver: 0.9.15-pre9 (Nov 6, 2001)

Steve Host shost@intellimec.com
Tue Jan 22 01:09:01 2002

Greetings to all. I'm a long time tulip user, and happen to have many D-link
De530's kicking around.

A mandrake 8 box I have which has functioned perfectly started to misbehave
when I upgraded to kernel 2.2.17 which uses tulip driver  0.9.15-pre9 (Nov
6, 2001). After banging my head for quite some time attempting to diagnose
the problem at a high-level with fellow geeks from #linux on efnet IRC, i
took a look at the actual hardware.

To my dismay the problematic NIC was a revision AA 21041 chipset from Dec. I
replaced it with a card revision PB chipset and the driver now functions
correctly.

This leads me to believe that 0.9.15-pre9 broke support for revision AA
chipset cards, or perhaps more .

If any of you require more information from me, don't hesatate to ask. I've
replaced the board but could pop it back in temporarily to get any debug
info you require.

- Steve