[tulip] RH 7.2/tulip/Netgear FA310TX

Steve Keith steve@extex.com
Tue Jan 8 12:46:02 2002

I've searched Redhat, linuxdoc.org and a few months back through the archives, but I haven't found a solution to my problem.

Hardware:
IBM PC 365 w/dual PPro processors & 192M RAM
Linksys 100Base-TX Switch
Netgear FA310TX

Installation detected the card and loaded the Tulip driver included with RH 7.2.  For about ten minutes it works perfectly.  For another ten minutes, it slows down significantly.  After 20 minutes total uptime, the network card performance slows to a crawl and stays there until a reboot.  Telnet/ssh connections lag and file transfers via samba are very very slow.

I downloaded, complied and installed the latest tulip drivers.  The results were the same.

I tried a Netgear FA311 (natsemi drivers) with the exact same results.

When I use an ISA 3Com 3C509 10Base-T card, things work as expected.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve

---