[tulip] Getting Tulip to work on AlphaServer 1200 with Compaq RedHat 7.2

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue Dec 10 23:40:01 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Brian Gaber wrote:

> Subject: [tulip] Getting Tulip to work on AlphaServer 1200 with Compaq
>     RedHat 7.2
>
> I can ping my IP address, but nothing else.  Networking was working
> before the install of 7.2.  Switch's port is set for 10BaseT, half
> duplex.  Windows NT connected to same switch port works fine.

What driver version are you using?
What is the detection message?

[[Sighhh, I just know the answers are "21143 w/ SYM transceiver" and
"the broken one that RedHat ships"... ]]