[tulip] ana-6944

Marius Lindh dyret@o2.no
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 00:29:16 +0200

> > I'm having some troubles with my adaptec ana-6944a/tx card using tulip
and 2.2.19. I get the card up running with all fourports, and are able to
define ips to all eth
> > (eth0-eth3). But, the trouble is, that when I use the differents ips,
all of them are going to the eth i started first. (Both in and out). Check
out if they used the same mac
> > address, and it did (to different ip's). When I run ifconfig, the
different ip gots different mac-addreses..

> > Anyone got any good ideas? Please ;-)
> >
> > - Marius Lindh
> Try using ping with the -I option too specify the right port and see
> if that works.  If it does, then you may need to turn on arp_filter
> and/or fix your routing...
I have tryed this.

i.e.:
eth0 = 192.168.0.80
eth1 = 192.168.0.81

ping -I 192.168.0.80 192.168.0.100
and
ping -I 192.168.0.81 192.168.0.100

are using the same ethernet interfaces.. If i'll do the pinging from
192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.80 and 192.168.0.81 and run arp -a , i get the
same mac-addresses on both 80 and 81...

- Marius Lindh