[tulip] Tx Message

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 13:23:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Jorge E. Aparicio M. wrote:

> What does the message "The Tx Process state is: Processing setup
> information" mean when running tulip-diag -aemf tool?

This state should exist for only a few microseconds while the chip
processes the setup packet.

If you ever see the state, the chip isn't able to access the PCI bus.
That's likely because the chip's PCI bus-master signals are not
connected.

> It seems that the NIC initialization process does not finish well,
> right?  I always get this message when running tulip-diag -aemf.

What chip?  The Conexant?  You'll need 92w or 92x to work with it.

> By the way, everything works well locally (ping, ifconfig, ...)  but I
> can not make any external conection.

Packets to the local machine never go through the hardware.