[tulip] strange media type problem

Christian Hoefer choefer@gmx.de
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 23:49:57 +0200 (MEST)

Hi all,

I try to migrate from SuSE to Debian and can't get the
Lite-On NIC run. I had no problems with the old distribution.
I think the wrong media type is selected but I have no idea
why.

the old tulip-diag output is:

tulip-diag.c:v2.08 5/15/2001 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
 http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
Index #1: Found a Lite-On 82c168 PNIC adapter at 0xdc00.
 Port selection is MII, half-duplex.
 Transmit started, Receive started, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Waiting for packets'.
  The Tx process state is 'Idle'.
  The transmit threshold is 72.
 Use '-a' or '-aa' to show device registers,
     '-e' to show EEPROM contents, -ee for parsed contents,
  or '-m' or '-mm' to show MII management registers.

now it is:

tulip-diag.c:v2.08 5/15/2001 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
 http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
Index #1: Found a Lite-On 82c168 PNIC adapter at 0xdc00.
 Port selection is 10mpbs-serial, half-duplex.
 Transmit stopped, Receive stopped, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The Tx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The transmit threshold is 72.
 Use '-a' or '-aa' to show device registers,
     '-e' to show EEPROM contents, -ee for parsed contents,
  or '-m' or '-mm' to show MII management registers.

has no effect. I can't even get a arp packet trough.

I use 0.91g-ppc in both cases.
Does anybody has me a hint please.

Christian