[tulip] Presario Notebook 17xl569

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu Nov 29 09:04:01 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Andrea Miglio wrote:

> I tried to install the tulip 0.92 module on my laptop, on a slackware 8.0
> (using a 2.2.19 kernel).
> After compiling the modules, "insmod pci-scan" is successful but "insmod
> tulip" is unable to resolve __global-cli , __global_save_flags and
> __global_restore_flags.

You are likely compiling against wrong kernel header files, specifically
the SMP vs. uniprocessor settings.

I don't know enough about Slackware 8.0 to know how they select the
header files.  I know that the Red Hat scheme is a little, uhmm, "ad
hoc".  Anyone with Slackware 8.0 handy that can provide the definitive
answer for the list and archive?