[tulip] configuring LinksysNC100 for 2.2.18 kernel

Olav Seyfarth gdbr@seyfarth.de
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 20:42:58 +0100

Hi Rob,

| Greetings. Total newbie here.
OK, me too ;-)

| I just installed SuseLinux 7.1 with the 2.2.18 kernel. Now I am trying to
configure
| my Linksys NC100 V2 PCI card. I downloaded the RPM with the new tulip
| driver from ftp.scyld.com, and followed the instructions to compile? it with
some
| difficulty, but I believe it worked. Now when I do insmod I get:
| "tulip.o: kernel-module version mismatch. Tulip.o was compiled for kernel
version
| 2.2.16, while this is kernel version 2.2.18" Same goes for pci-scan.o

See the SuSE SDB Article about Linksys card support.
Somebody at SuSE patched the tulip driver for the 2.2.16 kernel.

Olav
--
B+O Seyfarth GdbR - Network Consultants - Werthmannstraße 6 - D-76131 Karlsruhe
Dipl.-Inform.(FH) Olav Seyfarth - Geschäftsführer - Internet http://seyfarth.de