[tulip] Progress.... on the Linksys Cardbus PC Card

Timothy R. Butler tbutler@uninetsolutions.com
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 19:57:35 -0600

Well, per Donald Becker's advice, I have finally got the tulip driver
compiled and installed. However, I now have a new problem - I can't get it to
work. :-)

  tulip-diag reports:

  Index #1 Found a ADMtek AL985 Centaur (Linksys CardBus) adapter at 0.
This chip has not been assigned a valid IRQ, and will not function.
  This must be fixed in the PCI BIOS setup. The device driver has no way
 of changing the IRQ settings.
This chip has not been assigned a valid I/O address, and will not function.
  If you have warm-booted from another operating system, a complete
  shutdown and power cycle may restore this card to normal operation.

  ---

  Any ideas on how I might fix these errors? I can't seem to find anything
useful in my BIOS to repair it (and the Dell Inspiron 5000e doesn't have a
"PnP OS" option in the BIOS).

  Thanks,
       Tim

Timothy R. Butler                              Universal Networks
ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm     Christian Web Services Since 1996
tbutler@uninetsolutions.com        http://www.uninetsolutions.com
============== "Information Powered by Innovation" ==============

 "AT&T: The pre-paid phone card. Jesus: The pre-paid life card."