[tulip] DC21143 rev 65 - hopeless case?

Karl Hammar karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 17:09:29 +0100

I have a Kingston KNE100TX. Seems to be rev 65 (the kernel reports it
as 21142, on the chip it says 21143):

  $ cat /proc/pci
  Bus  0, device  11, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: DEC DC21142 (rev 65).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 5.  Master Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=20.Max Lat=40.
      I/O at 0xc400 [0xc401].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xeffff800 [0xeffff800].

And using stock 2.2.18 tulip driver:
  Mar  6 09:56:37 opal kernel: tulip.c:v0.91g-ppc 7/16/99 becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
  Mar  6 09:56:37 opal kernel: eth0: Digital DS21143 Tulip rev 65 at 0xc400, 00:C0:F0:4D:90:96, IRQ 5.
  Mar  6 09:56:37 opal kernel: eth0:  EEPROM default media type Autosense.
  Mar  6 09:56:37 opal kernel: eth0:  Index #0 - Media MII (#11) described by a 21142 MII PHY (3) block.
  Mar  6 09:56:37 opal kernel: eth0:  MII transceiver #1 config 3000 status 7829 advertising 01e1.

>From what I see you don't have receive buffers and there is some
problem with irq. Check that you don't have an irq-conflict.

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data           karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340             +46  173 140 57                    Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar         +46  10 270 26 67                  Computers
Sweden                                                       Consulting

From: John Sutton <john@scl.co.uk>
Subject: [tulip] DC21143 rev 65 - hopeless case?
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:13:57 +0000