[tulip] Compaq networkcard help!!

Art of Craft aocraft@angelfire.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:20:15 +0800

Anyone able to get the Conexant MiniPCI ethernet working with Linux?

My surfing has revealed several others looking at getting unix working with
Conexant, which is in-built on recent compaq notebooks (Eg: presario 1700 XL 476).

My main areas of searching to date have been:-
	1) Compaq:	Absolute dead end
	2) Linux:	Some promosing leads, a few tid-bits related to
linmodems, but no reports of sucess (yet).
	3) Conexant:	Some leads, but its a maze of information, mostly
unrelated.

Tulip has sounded promising, but the relevant threads seemed to die away in
December 2000 without mension of the resolution.
It's not clear which options on the tulip site are the relevant ones (eg: as
this Presario has the conexant "mini-PCI" as a built-in, should it still be
considered an external card when trying to find the correct drivers and
diagnostics?).

Hope to hear of sucess out there...

-Adrian

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!