[tulip] Most ethernets record?

Ben Greear greearb@candelatech.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 21:39:58 -0700

Donald Becker wrote:

> > > The only unexpected behavior is one common to all 21143+SYM boards:
> > > autonegotiation does not complete until the interface is brought up the
> > > first time....
>
> Note that this behavior can make the interface appear to be initially
> broken, especially with DHCP clients that start out by bring the
> interface up only briefly.

I'm manually configuring them at run time, so that particular issue
shouldn't affect me.

> > Also, do you have any idea of when/if your working driver(s) will be
> > ported to function with the 2.4 kernel?
>
> The drivers now all compile against the 2.4 kernel, but we don't have
> any development machine we are willing to risk actually running 2.4.

It's not still blowing up hardware, is it? :)

> The whole testing team is currently focused on the 2.2 Beowulf kernel.
> After that's finished, we'll get the 2.4 port of the drivers and tools
> working.

That is excellent news.  I have a decent collection of cards now,
and the means to run good automated stress & feature (ie mii-diag API calls)
testing...  So, if you get some (at least mostly working) drivers
you want to send my way, feel free.

My offer to give you all the LANforge (www.candelatech.com) licenses you
can handle still stands too!  I have perl modules to drive the CLI from scripts,
as well as a beautifully bloated GUI fer pointin & clickin, so it should
be pretty easy to do some large scale network testing....

Enjoy,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>          <Ben_Greear@excite.com>