[tulip] D-LINK 4-port (DFE-570TX, REV-A1) is working on kernel 2.4.6-pre3.

Ben Greear greearb@candelatech.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 20:58:39 -0700

Well, I got my new D-LINK (DFE-570TX) REV-A1 today in the mail.

There is some chip info and a picture off of this link:
http://www.candelatech.com/linux_ethernet.html

Of all the funny things, the sucker is actually passing 30Mbps of traffic
on an auto-negotiated link with no collisions, carrier errors or other
sorry problems...

..... crank things up a bit more .....

Now running 30Mbps Receive, and 16Mbps transmit TCP throughput
on each of the 4 ports with no problems  (It's CPU bound at this point.)

I'm using the driver that comes default with 2.4.6-pre3 (0.9.15-pre2)

I am also able to change the link speeds through 10-HD/FD, 100-HD/FD,
and auto-negotiate.  Changing the advertise values also seems to work too.

For anyone keeping score, the D-LINK 570TX costs $160 (and works), and the
ZYNX cost me around $650 (and doesn't work on the 2.4 kernel)....

The ZYNX is about to find itself on Ebay :)

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>          <Ben_Greear@excite.com>