[tulip] Test verson of tulip.c for Conexant chip (Compaq Presario) v0.92w

Hunt Kent kenthunt@yahoo.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:38:03 -0700 (PDT)

--- Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Hunt Kent wrote:
>
> > 	mii-diag gives:
> >
> > Using the default interface 'eth0'.
> > Basic registers of MII PHY #1:  1000 782d 0022
> 1720
> > 01e1 40a1 0007 2001.
> >  The autonegotiated capability is 00a0.
> > The autonegotiated media type is 100baseTx.
>
> As I suspected, you have a half-duplex, dual-speed
> repeater.
> Using half-duplex doesn't show the chip
> configuration problem.
> Nominally, setting tfhe full duplex bit (0x0200 in
> CSR6) should be enough
> put the chip into that mode, but that doesn't match
> the actual behavior.

Okay. Doing a point-to-point using a cross cable
gives:

Basic registers of MII PHY #1:  1000 782d 0022 1720
01e1 45e1 0007 2001.
 The autonegotiated capability is 01e0.
The autonegotiated media type is 100baseTx-FD.
 Basic mode control register 0x1000: Auto-negotiation
enabled.
 You have link beat, and everything is working OK.
 Your link partner advertised 45e1: Flow-control
100baseTx-FD 100baseTx 10baseT-
FD 10baseT, w/ 802.3X flow control.
   End of basic transceiver informaion.

And now I do have the behavior of 0 TX packets and all
errors.