[tulip] Test verson of tulip.c for Conexant chip (Compaq Presario) v0.92w

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:53:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Hunt Kent wrote:

> Subject: Re: [tulip] Test verson of tulip.c for Conexant chip (Compaq
> 	I gave a shot using 2.2.19 on a Debian 2.3 system.
> Apparently it is working. dmesg gives:
>
> tulip.c:v0.92w 7/9/2001  Written by Donald Becker
> eth0: Conexant LANfinity rev 8 at 0xd005c000,
> xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, IRQ 9.
> eth0:  MII transceiver #1 config 1000 status 782d
> advertising 01e1.
>           collisions:21 txqueuelen:100
> The difference that I'm seeing with the other post is
> that I have my TX packets reported correctly (he had 0
> in TX packets and all errors) and so far no errors.

What does 'mii-diag' report?
I'm guessing that you have a half duplex connection, and thus don't
encounter the problem with switching the Conexant chip to full duplex
mode.

> Thanks for the driver. Off topic, did you also get
> the specs for this chip so that we can pass it to
> someone working on the modem driver to play with?

Conexant didn't release the specs to me.