[tulip] Test verson of tulip.c for Conexant chip (Compaq Presario) v0.92w

Hunt Kent kenthunt@yahoo.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:02:38 -0700 (PDT)

Donald,

	I gave a shot using 2.2.19 on a Debian 2.3 system.
Apparently it is working. dmesg gives:

tulip.c:v0.92w 7/9/2001  Written by Donald Becker
<becker@scyld.com>
  http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html
    The PCI BIOS has not enabled the device at 0/72!
Updating PCI command
0003->0007.
eth0: Conexant LANfinity rev 8 at 0xd005c000,
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, IRQ 9.
eth0:  MII transceiver #1 config 1000 status 782d
advertising 01e1.
eth0:  MII transceiver #0 config 1000 status 782d
advertising 01e1.

I replaced my MAC address. ifconfig gives:

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
          inet addr:yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
Bcast:zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:3010 errors:0 dropped:0
overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:465 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
carrier:0
          collisions:21 txqueuelen:100
          RX bytes:497279 (485.6 Kb)  TX bytes:63536
(62.0 Kb)
          Interrupt:9 Base address:0xc000

I followed similar instructions for another succesful
result posted in this list today. (put tulip.c
pci-scan.c pci-scan.h kernel_compat.h in drivers/net
and modified drivers/net/Makefile)

After compiling the kernel and rebooting, did
modprobe pci-scan, modprobe tulip and it was ready for

ifconfig configuration.

The difference that I'm seeing with the other post is
that I have my TX packets reported correctly (he had 0
in TX packets and all errors) and so far no errors.
I'm also sending this message using your new driver!

Thanks for the driver. Off topic, did you also get
the specs for this chip so that we can pass it to
someone working on the modem driver to play with?

Kent