[tulip] LNE 100TX failing after a month...

Ryan M McGarry rmcgarry@usd.edu
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:54:30 -0600

Hi,  I've got 2 identical LNE100TX in a Pentium-120 running RedHat 6.2.
I'm using it as a router/firewall.  It took a miracle but I got the
network cards to work last summer, and have been using it continually
for almost a year now.

My problem is that after a month of continual uptime, my network
connectin will freeze on me.  The system is still responsive, the only
problem is in the network.  The only way to get it up again is to
power-cycle the Pentium.  Rebooting doesn't fix the problem.

This isn't really a problem, more of an annoyance, but have any of you
experienced this?  Am I wrong to think it's the drivers?

Thanks for your input,

Ryan McGarry