[tulip] Accton EN2242 on HP Pavilion Laptop

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 16:51:12 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, me2 wrote:

> Ive an HP Pavilion (N5170) Laptop which has the
> Accton EN2242 ethernet (at least per Win98's Device
> Manager interrogation).  Cant seem to get it running
> in Linux (RH 7.0, SuSE 7.0).

I don't have that card on my list.  Is it CardBus, PCMCIA, or PCI?

> I learn that Accton is 'old' and was ? bought out by SMC.

It's pretty much the other way around.  Accton bought the very respected
SMC brand name for network adapters, and the SMC chip people became SMSC.

> A generous fellow at SMC found an old file
> with drivers for SCO5 and for UnixWare7 , both of
> which i have neither access or knowledge of.

Those drivers are useless.

This card is almost certainly supported by one of my drivers, but you
have to provide some chip ID number to us (PCI vendor ID, or CardBus
vendor ID).