[tulip] Re: v0.92 and NetPIPE 2.4

John Connett jrc@art-render.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:24:51 +0000

I have not received any e-mail responses to this thread and would be
grateful for any suggestions as to how to identify the cause of the very
marked loss of performance for block sizes of 4093 bytes and above.

Is it a problem with the NetPIPE test; the tulip driver; the NIC
hardware; or something else?

Any suggestions as to how to set up a suitable test environment to
evaluate and compare NICs would be appreciated.  My objective is to
identify any potential problems with the NIC under test.  Ideally the
system at the far end of the cross over cable should be a "reference
implementation".  If this requires a non-Linux operating system or a
particular NIC to achieve this I am willing to try to set that up.

Thanks again
--
John Connett (jrc@art-render.com)