[tulip] Starfire kernel rpm build.

Leszek Szychowski L.Szychowski@securegate.net
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:55:10 +1100

I'm hoping to build a new kernel rpm with the starfire driver (which is not
included as standard) for automatic CDROM installs.

1. How do I add the Starfire driver as an option under make menuconfig
(config). ? Hand cranking all the required files for this to happen is an
ugly option. Does anyone have an easier method?

I'm compiling under RH 2.2.16-3 using 'rpm -ba --target-i686
SPEC/kernel-2.2.16-3.spec'
This automatically extracts linux BUILD root directory/files from the
original linux-2.2.16.tar.gz and adds patches plus builds a new kernel rpm.
I guess I could recreate a new gz image with the right netdriver files, but
how to link Starfire into the kernel has me a bit confused.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards
Leszek A Szychowski
Product Development Manager - Engineering
90east (Asia Pacific) Pty Ltd
Canberra ACT 2609, Australia
Tel: (61 2) 6283 1731, Fax: (61 2) 6283 1701
Mob: 0404067265
Email: <l.szychowski@securegate.net>