[tulip] 9 'unresolved symbol's, module problems

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 05:23:47 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Jon Busey wrote:

> I've combed the archives and found this same problem but none of the
> solutions that worked for others worked for me.
> The message I keep getting is:
> tulip.o: unresolved symbol __kfree_skb_R33abe94a
> tulip.o: unresolved symbol dev_close_R8da92aa7

The modversions.h that you compiled against, likely
 /usr/include/linux/modversions.h
does not match the kernel that you are running.

The modversions.h file is rebuilt each time the kernel is compiled, and
a correctly structured distribution will install the proper modversion.h
when it installs the boot kernel.