[tulip] tulip.c v0.92r available for testing

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 01:35:50 -0500 (EST)

In the usual test directory:
  ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/test/tulip.c

If there are no reported problems this will become v0.93 or v1.00 at the end
of the week.

The recent CVS log entries are:

________________
tulip.c:v0.92r 1/10/2001

Correct the multicast filter bits for the Comet/Centaur.
----------------------------
revision 1.54
date: 2001/01/10 05:22:34;  author: becker;  state: Exp;  lines: +47 -27
tulip.c:v0.92q 1/9/2001

Handle new  6 media reset leaf, and change the reported name for type
5 & 6 to "transceiver reset".  The reset index for type 5 is stored "+1"
since we use non-zero to indicate set.

Print a "Set to forced full duplex" message.

The duplex lock setting may now be changed with 'mii-diag'.

Check for the set-tx-full->instant-empty race.

Enable the automatic underrun recovery feature in the Comet.
    (Dan Hollis <goemon@anime.net>)

---------------------------
revision 1.53
date: 2000/12/09 22:10:20;  author: becker;  state: Exp;  lines: +12 -4
tulip.c:v0.92p 11/28/2000

Use I/O space operations for built-in drivers in order to claim the I/O port
region exclusively.  This avoid detecting repeats (eth0...eth7) of a single
card.

Added a Conexant LANfinity table entry.  The details of the Conexant design
are not yet known.

Added a PCI table entry for the Accton EN1217/EN2242, which is a renumbered
ADMtek Comet chip.

Clear the full duplex flag on open().  Otherwise a previous detection of
full duplex mode will result in the chip not properly switched to FDX mode.