[tulip] Re: tulip driver

Paul Urbanczyk gomer@stanford.edu
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 15:34:33 -0800

--=====================_8516104==_.ALT

Hello,

Thanks for your response(s).  Mr. Becker responded with a link to an RPM
file that has been created specifically to address my problem.  I just
tried it and got the card up and running with no problem.  All I had to do
after running the RPM was modify the modules.conf file by putting in the
"alias eth0 tulip" line.  Thanks VERY much for your help!  Now I can really
start playing with this stuff!

Note: the response from Donald Becker is included below.

As far as what I was trying before... I think I had tried just about every
modification of the compile command that I could find...kgcc,
-I/usr/include, etc...  Thank goodness for that RPM.

-Paul Urbanczyk