[tulip] Re: my tulip patch for Intel AnyPoint

Brian Rogers w006552@airmail.net
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 18:48:09 -0000

Maybe someone on this list can help me out.  I need help or guidance to
improve the Intel AnyPoint support.

I would love to see the Intel AnyPoint working seemlessly, without needing
"options=18".  Trouble is, this is the first time I have ever dealt with a
device driver -- that small patch represents a few weeks of my time spent
obsessing over the tulip code and the Intel 21145 docs.

If someone else polishes the AnyPoint support, I'm fine with that.  But if
someone on this list can offer me some guidance, then I am willing to try my
hand.

The Intel AnyPoint is an i21145 with only media 18, the HomePNA port.  Also,
the i21145 supports MII and NWay, but the AnyPoint does not (since neither
of those apply when you've only got the one HomePNA port).

--
/* Brian Rogers, professional geek, coffee achiever */