[tulip] tulip on solaris

Hank Barta hbarta@enteract.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:50:37 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Matthew wrote:

> Whilst this is going off I'd thought I would take the opportunity to say
> Thanks ...

    Likewise. I'd also like to question something Donald Becker
    mentioned on one of the Linux news groups. A question was asked
    regarding efficiency of a particular Ethernet card and Mr.
    Becker's reply was that it was not optimal because send buffers
    had to be copied to satisfy alignment requirements while receive
    buffers had to be copied out of the ring buffer (to user space?)
    He mentioned that the Intel cards were better (except when
    Intel introduced new, uh, features.) I was left wondering where
    the tulip based cards fit in this realm since I seem to keep
    winding up with those.

    regards,
    hank

--
Hank Barta                            White Oak Software Inc.
hbarta@enteract.com                   Predictable Systems by Design.(tm)