[tulip] LinksSys LNETX 10/100 wont work

jpshark jpshark@earthlink.net
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 07:00:53 -0600

Dan Renner wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I had the exact same problem -- with the LNE100TX version 4.1.  I d'loaded
> the rpm from scyld.com and that didn't solve the problem.  I checked the RH7
> Hardware compatability list, and the LNE100TX 4.0/4.1 was in the RED as far
> as ease of installation.  Then I said to myself, "let's just swap cards with
> one of my W98 client machines, a DFE530TX+ (rtl8139.o)"  That worked for me,
> and I am happy, happy, happy.  I also just went through the HOW-TO on home
> network/gateway, and it is working slick! :-)  Check out the following link.
> I highly recommend it.
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Home-Network-mini-HOWTO-1.html
>
> good luck,
>
> Dan

Thanks for the link Dan, I'll check it out. As for swapping the NIC with
another workstation, not an option. Two of my workstations are Dell Optiplex
GX1's with integrated NICs and the other has the same LNE100TX as this one. I
am considering adding another NIC using RH's compatibility list as a guide for
purchasing one that'll be easy to install. Perhaps the one you mentioned,
DFE530TX+.

Thanks again for the info.

Jim