[tulip] Problems getting Linksys PCMPC200 adaptor working

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:18:15 -0500 (EST)

On 4 Feb 2001, Stephen Peters wrote:

> I've been trying to get a Linksys PCMPC200 10/100 adaptor working with
> a Debian installation running on an IBM Thinkpad T21.  I've downloaded
> the 0.92t version of the tulip driver, and the cardmgr utility loads
> the module correctly without problem.

What is the detection messages?

> However, all I get are transmission errors.  Loading the module with
> debug=6 gives lots of lines like
>
>    Feb  3 17:08:12 rogue kernel: eth0: Transmit error, Tx status 1a078c80.

1a078c80 means no carrier.  What is your link partner?

> tulip-diag.c:v2.06 1/8/2001 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
>  http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
> Index #1: Found a ADMtek AL985 Centaur (Linksys CardBus v2) adapter at 0x200.
>  Comet duplex is reported in the MII status registers.
>  Transmit stopped, Receive stopped, half-duplex.
>   The Rx process state is 'Waiting for packets'.
>   The Tx process state is 'Stopped'.
>   The transmit threshold is 128.

That's normal.

>  Interrupt sources are pending!  CSR5 is fc06c812.
>    Tx complete indication.

Hmmm, are you getting interrupts through?
Check /proc/interrupts for an increasing count.