[tulip] kernel parameters having no effect?

john wa jonni@gmx.co.uk
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 22:48:57 +0200 (MEST)

hi,

i guess this might be a faq but i've searched all over trying to solve my
problems.

i have two kingston cards KNE-111TX, in my firewall/router. i'm trying to
force one card to 10tx so i can restart the networking without having to reboot
- since autonegotiation only seems to work the first time. i would also like
to crank up the other card to 100tx-FD but i'm having no luck with either.

using tulip-diag it reckons that both have auto-negotiation on - but in my
lilo.conf i have append="ether=0,0,4,eth0 ether=0,0,5,eth1". have i done
something wrong here? (my kernel is a monolithic 2.4.6)

also what is the proper number for 10baseT-HD? - non MII. is it 12, and is
this a hex number or decimal?

TIA!

jw.