[tulip] tulip tarball for Compaq Presario Conextant EthernetPort

Kent Hunt kenthunt@yahoo.com
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 08:29:30 -0700 (PDT)

Good to know about this. I never had APM in the kernel
since I knew that this bios doesn't support APM. I do
have ACPI in the kernel but it doesn't give this
problem. Now that we have gathered a number of
presario users, off topic, I wonder if you use dma=1
on your harddisks. I see that many of you are using
Mandrake maybe the default is dma=0. I do have
problems with dma=1 (lockups and filesystem
corruption) and I wondering if this is a presario
problem.