[tulip] Differentiating Input Parameters for 2 Adapters

harish.vasudeva@amd.com harish.vasudeva@amd.com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:51:31 -0700

Hi Folks,

 I have an ethernet driver running on a system which has 2 similar ethernet
controllers plugged in them.
Also, i need to program the Node Address for both with unique values. The
parameter name is MACAddr which takes in a hex value. When i load the
driver, it programs both boards with the same MAC address. how do i avoid
that? I have the process explained below.

 insmod tstdrv.o MACAddr=000011223344

after i do this & type in "ifconfig", i see

 eth0 programmed with the HWAddr 000011223344 &
 eth1 programmed with the same HWAddr 000011223344..

how do i overcome this?

regards & thanx in advance,
HARISH