[tulip] Getting pci-scan.c to compile

Jason Thomas jason@topic.com.au
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:10:11 +1100

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

modversions.h is created when a kernel is compiled it should be in the
kernel source package that matches your kernel.

you need to install the kernel source package then do a quick search for
modversions.h, it probably is not there?

if it is when you compile pci-scan.c you need to
-I/usr/src/linux/include or whereever the kernel sources are.

if it is not there you need to configure and build a kernel with module
support.  that way modversion.h will be created.  It would be best to
build a kernel and use that as you can't really be sure whats in the
debian packaged kernel.

It is possible to build a debian packaged kernel using make-kpkg if you
wish.  maybe you can patch the kernel sources with the tulip.c and
pci-scan.c and just build the kernel.

Hope this helps.