[tulip] LinkSys 10/100 EtherFast PC Card PCMPC100 Version 2.0Fails

Kenneth J. Hendrickson kHendrickson@cFL.RR.com
Fri, 01 Sep 2000 10:40:19 -0400

Donald Becker wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Kenneth J. Hendrickson wrote:
>> The tulip diagnostic program indicates that this might be a Tulip
>> clone, specifically an "ADMtek AL985 Centaur (Linksys CardBus)".
>
> Did the diagnostic program find the card on its own?

No.  I guessed from the output of the -t -1 option.

> The '100 is not a CardBus card.  It is a PCMCIA card.
> It likely uses an ASIX 88190 chip.

They are all going back.  I'll be seeking REAL 100 Mbps hardware.

--
PGP Key Fingerprint    02 6A 4F DE DD 77 A1 8B   21 D9 81 EB ED C8 3A DC
We are upping our standards ... so up yours.        Ken Hendrickson N8KH