[tulip] Help with configuring Tulip driver Ethernet card for Linux

Friedman, Mitch (Financial Systems) MFriedman2@exchange.ml.com
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:23:52 -0500

Hi,

I am kind of new at this and would appreciate any help in this regards.  I
have installed a SOHOWare Ethernet Nic card for a cablemodem and am having
trouble trying to connect up in Red Hat Linux 6.0 (kernel level 2.6).  On
boot up, linux has no problem detecting the ethernet card and usese the
tulip driver (2.2.x); however, using dhcp it has trouble trying to get an ip
and connect up.  Is there something that I need to specify in the hosts,
resolv.conf or anyother file?  I have tried editing the ifup file but that
did not do the trick, as well.  Any help in this matter would be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mitch Friedman,AVP
Financial Systems
(212) 236-1351
Fax: (212) 236-3318
Email:mitch_friedman@ml.com
Choose your battles....don't let others choose them for you!