[tulip] LinkSys EtherFast 10/100 card

Gregory S Schmidt gschmidt@cs.tamu.edu
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:12:35 GMT

Hey all, I have recently purchased and installed a
LinkSys Ether Fast 10/100 network card in my machine,
got it working under windows 98/ME, but am having trouble
under linux.  I have Red Hat Linux 7.0, an AMD athlon 800 Mhz
processor and d/l'ed the tulip.c driver and tried to install
it.  I could not get by the compile of the driver.

i.e. gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -O6 -c tulip.c ...

It failed on a few things during compiling-- part of
the compile uses a struct net-device, and it is looking
for fields "tbody", "start" and some others...  But it
can't find them.  I traced the code back to the
net-drivers.h or some file that is close to that and
didn't notice those fields in the definitions either.

I am a bit clue-less what to do from here.  Anyone experienced
these problems?  am I us9ing the wrong driver?  According
to the web site for tulip.c they said they support the
LinkSys cards.  Any help would be great.

thanks
Greg

----[ greg s. schmidt ]----
-
-  Eml: greg@viz.tamu.edu, gschmidt@cs.tamu.edu
-  Web: www-viz.tamu.edu/students/greg/greg.html
-  Phn: (979) 847-9743
-
----