[tulip] Problem with LNE 100TX with Linux 7.0

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 01:22:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, shihou jin wrote:

> I just finished installing the newly released Linux 7.0.

There is no "Linux 7.0".
You must mean a distribution numbered 7.0, but that could be any of a bunch
of distributions.

> It is a little
> disappointed for me. The new version of the linux does not recognize my
> Ethernet card which is a LNE 100TX from LinkSys.

There are a bunch of chips on the different "LNE100TX" boards.
I'm guessing that you have a recent chip, which is only supported by the
recent driver versions.

 http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html
    ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/tulip.c

> The error message I got
> say the insmod is failed which might be caused by wrong IRQ or I/OF
> parameters. Do any one has a idea what these parameters should be? Your
> help will be highly appreciated.

Ahhhhrrrggggg.  Damn idiots writing the "help" screens.  Passing an IRQ
or I/O address to a PCI driver will *prevent* the driver from loading.